Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Price of Gas

I just love turning the key on my Ford F-150 and listen to the V-8 engine. And yes hopefully the next one will be a 250 or a 350. I know I know why would you want that when gas is $4.00 a freakin gallon you ask. Well its simple ITS MY CHOICE!!! Here in America its still OK to drive what you want although not for long. If these people want to buy the hybrids go ahead I say, if they want to buy battery powered cars or hydrogen fuel cell cars go right ahead. That is their choice but when they plug in to recharge the battery I hope the coal plant does not have to send more pollution into the atmosphere.
I also use my truck for work sometimes I have to move 1 ton loads 75-100 miles do these cars and trucks have that kind of power. I think most only have a range of 30-40 battery miles then have to switch to combustion and all of it pollutants. I honestly hope this new toyota hydrogen car which only has water as a byproduct works I like clean air and less pollution and acid rain but I need my truck to work and take to the cabin for fun. Oh by the way at the cabin we ride 2-cycle quads and those pollute like mothers. So you ask how can I afford to use all of this gas?
That is even simpler I have bought and sold enough oil stocks and refinery stocks over the last year to pay for gas for the next few years and upgrade my 150. In an earlier post I told you to buy stock to piss off a Leftist, add this: buy stock and let someone else pay for your gas. I am not licensed to give recommendations so do your homework watch CNBC, Cramer, Fast Money do research and start earning. Back to the point-- Choice in what you drive the selections are fading and will continue to fade.
Look I believe in being able to buy what you want if you can afford it. Remember market forces caused there to be no more TVs made in America the same can happen to automobiles. That is something to think about for the future. Right now both of these assholes running for President are pushing "green." That means less choice and more expensive goods i.e. light bulbs. The cost of the new light bulbs has tripled and don't forget they have mercury in them, don't break one especially if you have kids. So choice in America is this: abortion - government sanctioned and government paid for; incandescent bulbs - a moral outrage to the left. I am sure the Founding Fathers are so very proud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Great read. Keep up the good material

Anonymous said...

I stand and applaud you and if you knew me I dont like standing for much. Keep up the good work because you are very refreshing to read.