Thursday, March 4, 2010

Starbucks and Gun Advocates

I do not mind a protest or anyone fighting for their rights or the rights of others. I do not mind the people's right to assemble to celebrate whatever is it that is important to said group. In either case however there is a point where protest/celebration goes too far. I am all for open carry and I am all for concealed carry but to stage a coordinated protest/celebration and flaunt what you are doing in front of everyone leaves a bad taste in every one's mouth. This is a liberal tactic; when you are given an inch you take a mile; to be totally honest I hope Starbucks rescinds their pledge to follow open carry laws are bans guns from their stores now. Now all gun owners look bad because now that you have gotten the media's attention do you think they are going to play you guys up as heroes? How fucking stupid can you people be? All we are going to hear about for the next few weeks are gun violence statistics and scared mothers and children in Starbucks. I understand that people who legally carry guns are more responsible than people who do not, I am a gun owner. I am aware of the fact that most people's trepidations about guns are due to ignorance but you have to understand that forcing your views on the ignorant does in no way help the situation or get your side of the issue to be seen in a better light. Does anyone reading this right now appreciate what Obama and the democrat douchebags are doing with the idea of ramming home the health care bill regardless of how most Americans feel about it.

So what are you guys trying to accomplish? What is the purpose of this attention grabbing stunt? Did ya'll just try to get your faces on the local TV? Were you just trying to piss off the typical Starbucks hippie clientele? This is still a hippie Seattle based corporation who could and/or can change their gun policy at anytime due to pressure from liberal scumbags and advocacy groups. Now like I said I agree with the right to carry and I have no problem with that but this method of doing it is wrong. I live in New Jersey I used to work in NYC one thing we always did was go to the Halloween parade in the Village. Some of the funniest shit in the world goes on at this parade and if anyone new how I thought or what I advocate I would be run out of there. Every year the gay pride parade run in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral and every year it seems that everyone who passes by has to simulate some sort of gay sex, of course some is not simulated but that does not make the news, do you think that really helps their group promote a positive image to the churchgoing population in the tri-state area. I prefer to stay under the radar with my feelings about anything when I am in public and try to never let anyone know what I am thinking. You want to open carry, fine but don't bitch about it when someone offers up an unsolicited opinion about what you are doing. Yes I know the right to keep and bear arms is in the Bill of Rights so what. It is keep and bear not be a douche and flaunt your advocacy. When the time comes for the need for open carry everywhere we will be in the right and with this president that time is coming up quick. I do not want anyone become a target of some wacko ignoramus and some militant anti-gun group also do not forget there are bad people out there who might have seen you on the news and they would put a cap in your head with an unregistered gun just to get yours. It is the same reason why NRA members here in New Jersey are told not to put the sticker in the car window. Fear that some douchebag would follow you home and kill you for your guns. Concealed and open carry laws here are ridiculously restrictive. These sub human scum know you will most likely be unarmed as you exit your car. I will be honest the only time anyone needs to know where I stand gun on rights issues is when I need to pull my gun out.

No comments: